Continually Controlling COVID-19
Peter F. Delgado
Safety, Health, & Environmental Manager
Cabras Marine Corporation continues its commitment in providing a safe and healthy workplace for its Workers, Clients, Contractors, Vendors and Visitors. With the goal to mitigate the potential transmission of COVID-19 in our workplaces and communities, the constant monitoring of personnel for COVID protocols, such as face covering, hygiene, and social distancing are in cooperation by our Workers and Management. Only through this cooperative effort can we establish and maintain the safety and health of all persons in our workplaces.
Cabras Marine Corporation’s COVID-19 Containment and Prevention Plan follows Federal and Local industry standards which is based on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines for COVID-19. The plan has a strong commitment from Management and is implemented with the participation of the workforce.
At Cabras Marine Corporation, Workers have been informed of and encouraged to self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19. Workers are advised to stay home if feeling ill and constantly reminded to practice the 3 W’s:
- Watch your distance – working at least six feet apart
- Wash your hands and workplace – worker hygiene and workplace cleaning and disinfecting
- Wear a mask – limiting exposure to fellow coworkers
Key Actions implemented by Management:
- Cabras Marine Corporation has established an incident management team and is monitoring all COVID related issues.
- All non-essential domestic and international air travel has been temporarily suspended.
- Colleagues are using virtual meeting technologies whenever possible.
- Employees in acutely affected areas are working from home.
- Cabras Marine Corporation has established an Employee Reporting Flow Chart to assist with the communication of COVID events.